Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oddities Bloggus

ViolĂ ! Welcome to Oddities Congressionus the evil twin of Oddities Humanus! Instead of focusing on the weird, just plain odd things that all humans do, I have decided to change focus (again) to concentrate the odd-o-meter on the Odd Humans (or not) that work for us in the United States Congress. These people do a lot of work, and I would like to discuss what they do for two main reasons.

Reason Number One:

All these things that our congress do can be so very complex. I would like to spend my time reading libraries of information on what has been decided recently in congress and simplify if for the readers. My goal is to compliment (I would say praise, but that would have religious connotations, and in this country, we strive for separation of church and state) some of the good work that has been accomplished. However, congress has proven itself capable of some blunders every once in a while, and those, of course, will be discussed.

Reason Number Two:

As a tax paying citizen of the United States, I feel that I have the responsibility to be informed of what my government is doing. So often, I think, people just allow the government to do whatever it wants in the hopes that it will do something beneficial. But when the government does something that is not beneficial, or even detrimental, the uninformed people have no reason to hold the lawmakers accountable. So, part of the reasons I am venturing into the political world is for my own benefit. By researching and writing about what goes on in Congress, I hope I become better informed.

Throughout this, for lack of a better term, thing, I would also like to make sure to include the votes and opinions of my congressmen from Iowa. Lastly, whenever a congressional vote is discussed, I will give my vote and the reasons for my vote. I ask the reader to give their opinion and/or vote, as well.

Please enjoy reading! I can't wait to start writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment